Wednesday 14 November 2012

Eating your way to healthy &clear skin!

Hi Beauties!

Having and maintaining clear skin has probably got to be the most difficult thing to do. I personally suffer from acne since I was 14 and it has finally died down therefore I want to share the ways I did to help my skin stay under control.

Having clear skin always begins with what you put in your body. Like they say; You eat what you are!
No problem, here are some good ol' tips to help you have clear and healthy skin!

Fruits; Bluekberries and Grapes are full of antioxidants. Antioxidants are what protects your skin from sun damage, free radicals, polluted environment. Watermelon &Oranges are high in Vitamin C.

Vegetables; All different vegetables carry different purpose that we eat but if you want to have clear and beautiful skin, try eating carrots or even sweet potatoes because they are great source for your skin! They are jam packed with Vitamin A and carotenoids. Caretenoids, help retain skin moisture and wrinkles.

Chocolate; Surprise to see this on the list? Yes, even bad stuff can be healthy for you. Chocolate contain antioxidants and flavonoids because it improves circulation which repairs damaged skin cells! When I say eat chocolate I do mean eat chocolate with at least 75% cacao. Try eating chocolate which doesn't contain nuts!

Here's what you should avoid!
1) Sugar
2) Processed food (sausages, packed fried chicken)
3) Salt
4)Oil.
5)Soft Drinks (boohoo! I know, I used to love drinking soft drinks a lot! I feel your pain)

[ poor little burger :( I just want to eat it!!!) 


When I mean avoid, I don't mean not eat it completely, I do mean reduce the intakes of your sugary, salty and oily intakes as this is what is making your skin break out! Processed food contains a heck load of additivies, flour, and sodium which will definitely not help your skin look the best!
Refined sugary breaks down your skin elasticity which makes you have more wrinkles quicker. (Eks)

Try limiting yourself on all the goodness!
Mon-Friday= Eat anything healthy, for example; Dark leafy greens, fruits, and organic food.
Sat-Sun= Limit yourself to only 1-2 unhealthy food/drink ( Fries, fried Chicken, soft drinks or even bubble tea= yum my fav)

I've been doing this routine for about a month and my skin has changed dramatically, of course with the help of cleansing my face as well!
Check back in tomorrow at 3pm for a brand new post!


ps// All pictures are not mine unless stated! I just googled them &got them off random sites!

Yay to healthy &Clear skin!

xx Nic

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the good advice:) i want to clear up my acne

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by Suck my Lolly