Winter is coming (well in most part of the world) and you need something to do with your chapped dry lips, but don't want to spend money on a good lip scrub? Well you don't have to, all the ingredients you need are in your kitchen/fridge. There are many different similar posts to this lip scrub, but if you have not checked it out yet keep reading on and find out how to make your very own lip scrub!
1 table spoon of honey.
1 tea spoon of sugar
How to make?
- Take a small container that can be kept in the fridge, Take 1 table spoon of honey and pour it in the container.
- Take 1 tea spoon of sugar and mix it with the honey until well.
- Squeeze a little of the vaseline or lip balm into the honey and sugar until you have a consistency paste. (If you don't add vaseline, the honey cannot hold the sugar resulting in the sugar left at the bottom of the container)
How to use?
- Take a small amount of the scrub and scrub it through your lips back and forth till the dead skin leaves.
- Use a wet washcloth and wipe the scrub off (It taste good too, but don't eat it too much... it has vaseline)
- Follow up with a good lip balm.
Now you have soft beautiful lips ready for the winter. I recommend doing this every single night if possible to just exfoliate off the dead skin. You don't have to do it too long, just about a minute should take off all the dead skin.
Also remember this is the amount I make when I make the scrub, if you wish to make a little more than the amount given, just double the amount and you should be good to go!
Make sure you use SUGAR, not SALT. Salt is too refined and too small it does not really exfoliate enough than sugar,Sugar are bigger chunks therefore exfoliates more.
This scrub could last you about a week and it's only good for a week and a half so use it up before making a new batch.
Disclaimer; All pictures are not mine unless stated to be so.
Are you willing to give this scrub a try? Let me know in the comment section below!
Happy Scrubbing! ☺
xx Nic (@NicholleZoe)